For Key People, click on link: – Nigel Wall CV
Shadow Creek Track Record:
Current work includes an ongoing role as a Technology Translator for the Location & Timing KTN, this includes:
- Developing technology roadmaps for location technology for ITS, based on knowledge of requirements and the capabilities of the technology, and industry.
- Organising workshops and seminars on relevant topics.
- Responding to government consultation requests.
- Involvement in the creation of the Office of Science & Technology Foresight view of “Intelligent Infrastructure”
- Providing companies with information on Technology Strategy Board (TSB), Research Council and European funding sources.
- Facilitating the collaborations between Higher Education Institutes and Industry, in order to bid for collaborative R&D funding, successfully on many occasions.
- Membership of advisory steering groups for collaborative projects.
- Create active links to relevant networks including the RIN, ITS UK, innovITS.
Recently completed projects include:
- Member of the Plextek consortium with Ofcom contract to predict the nature of transport in 30 years' time, assess the communications requirements arising, derive spectrum demand for wireless communications.
- Sub-contracted to EU FP6 SISTER project, to draft standards to include sat-comms into ISO TC204 W16 (CALM)
- Investigate wireless connectivity between loop-detectors and traffic-light outstation controllers for DfT (via TRL)
- Monitoring Officer for TSB pervasive computing projects. Assessor for TSB Collaborative R&D bids
- Assist a finance house with technical due diligence relating to a proposed acquisition in the mobile communications field.
- Requirements and technical options analysis for eNlink Universal On-Board Unit, for DG-TREN, (via SEA)
- Partner in a DTI NextWave LINK project “Traffimatics” researched an in-vehicle platform using ad-hoc WLAN-based mobile networking as an alternative to GSM / 3G. The project also explored interaction between vehicle systems, accessed via the CAN bus, with location information and intelligence in the infrastructure - such as UTMC and real time passenger information.
- Consultant to Transport for London, leading to the development of a prototype Digital Traffic Enforcement System to improve the effectiveness of the bus lane enforcement system, includes secure cost-effective communications from bus mounted and roadside cameras. (via SEA)
- Advise Efkon AG on setting up a UK organisation, develop market and technical strategies & to recruit staff.
- Consultant to PTI Cymru on the renewal of the bi-lingual Traveline service in Wales, including improvement of the interface for voice calls from BT's network. (via Carl Bro - now Grontmij)
- Collaborate with the Transport Research Labs (TRL) on a DfT Horizons research project investigating the potential for “cooperative traffic signal control” to use information interchanged with individual vehicles.
- Peer reviewer for the DfT's CVHS policy options study.(via Faber Maunsell)
- Document the current situation re Bus AVL, Countdown and driver communications systems for London Bus Services Limited, capturing the business requirements for service improvements and system replacement; and help to develop a 10 year business strategy. (via Carl Bro)
- Analysis of the impact on the draft standard on Road User Charging - ISO CD 17575 - on ability to use alternative telecommunications networks, for the DfT (via Newcastle University)
Last updated 10th May 2009. (c) Shadow Creek Consulting Ltd 2009